Friday, March 19, 2010

Newcastle/Living Quarters

Newcastle has been treating me very well, the weather has been great and the people have been friendly. This is the beach down the road from the boarding house, I walk here almost everyday to surf.

My room is on the small side (If I stretch out I can touch both walls near my desk) but being that I didn't bring much, it works out. I've reorganized since the picture and have moved my bed under the window, this gives me room to do handstand pushups and other oddities.

Since my last update I've started surfing everyday, and completed a motorcycle training course granting me a license on the streets of NSW. I'm still looking for a postie bike (http://www.postiebikes.com/faq.htm#1.%20What%20is%20a%20Postie%20bike?), the ankle express isn't what it used to be and my bike lock is stuck in the locked position on my bike, dang.

Other points of interest:
I bought a fan off the internet, things are much cooler these days!
I've been thinking it would be really cool to try out for pararescue after I finish my degree. Here's a link to the Wikipedia Pararescue Jumper page if you're curious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Pararescue

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are really settled in. I was
    thinking you are going to be expert on beach
    surfing you can keep up with Tiana & Lulu.

    glad you have settled in to your small quarters, when you have something to live with
    you have adjusted well.

    Keep the daily goings on coming, we love to hear from you. Nan & Grandad.

    ReplyDelete