Friday, April 30, 2010

Postie bike mayhem

After two days of jumping through hoops, filling out paperwork, and being taxed at every available opportunity, I have a postie bike.


This beauty costs $5 to fill up and can hit 50mph with a tail wind.

Getting the bikes was an adventure in itself, Tristan and I left for the auctions at 6:30AM and got home around 10PM. After a series of wrong turns (Google maps betrayed us) we found ourselves on the outskirts of Sydney at the Pickles Auction yard.




Upon locating the postie section of the auction, we confidently pretended to give a maintenance check to the bikes at random. Having no idea what to look for we decided to befriend the other buyers to see how they were checking each bike. The bidding was sporadic and stressful (it's hard to understand auctioneers, even more so when they have accents) but I managed to grab a bike I had deemed road worthy.


The purchase of these has led to extended conversations outside standing next to the bikes, often shifting conversation back to how great they are.



I've warned the neighbor that we are starting a motorcycle gang, she wasn't half as alarmed as I had expected, she obviously has no knowledge of high dollar motorcycles!

2 comments:

  1. Right now. Just now. You might be the coolest person I am even aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with Cooper. Nana & Gramps

    ReplyDelete