Monday, April 19, 2010

Breakfast burritos, studying, hypochondria, and 2nd hand everything.



On Sunday morning I cooked the boys a signature New Mexican breakfast, the breakfast burrito. The burritos were delicious and well received, but they reminded me of how much I miss Mexican food.

I've spent the week studying for mid semester tests, there is nothing exciting about this, but I thought I should mention it so everyone knows I am actually going to school out here.

I've lately been having some severe stomach/intestine pain and bloating, especially after swimming (I gulp down air when swimming hard, resulting in stomach pain). After testing several theories I figured out I'm lactose intolerant which is a bummer but lactose free milk is quite tasty, so I suppose I'll live.

After receiving a free bed from good friends Ben and Gabby (thanks again!) I noticed that everything in my room (minus most of my clothes and electronics) is second hand, and a good portion of it was found on the side of the road. Not having much stuff has made me realize how much I don't need it.

Lastly in 9 days I'm heading down to Sydney with Tristan to buy postie bikes. The excitement of this has led to 2nd hand leather jackets, fake tattoo's, and endless speeches on why postie bikes are superior to all motorcycles.

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! We know you are going to school (?) but it seems you are also having a great time. Looking forward to the time you return home. Nana & Gramps.

    ReplyDelete