Monday, July 5, 2010

End of the first semester, travels, and relaxation!

The first semester was a success! Looking back at how far I've come from when I first stepped off the train about 6 months ago, it puts a smile on my face to think about how things have progressed. I'm currently trying to sign up for classes for the next semester, I'm thinking I'll take International finance, physics, and a nutrition course. I've decided I might like to pursue some form of medicine when I finish my finance degree, I'm leaning towards physiotherapy at this point.

Dad and Terrie came to Australia to visit this last week, we had an excellent time touring around Sydney, the blue mountains, and the Hunter valley vineyards. Without a GPS, we spent a good majority of the time driving in the wrong direction. Interestingly, the Australians have great infrastructure but they don't believe in road signs, figuring out what road you're on is a challenge! I think the endless number of old pubs and access to great wine kept everyone sane and happy.

Now officially on "winter" break, I've had time to do some pleasure reading, surfing, and cruising around the house in my new ugg boots (thanks dad!). I leave for Japan to meet Cooper, Margot, and Rebecca in 11 days and I'm getting very excited! Otherwise not much else has been going on, the cold weather has reduced my time spent out and about. The beard competition continues...

1 comment:

  1. We are anxiously awaiting the trip with Cooper photos and commentary.

    ReplyDelete